President | Rest-of-Life Communications
Steve Vernon, F.S.A., is president of Rest-of-Life Communications and a research scholar for the Stanford Center on Longevity. In both roles, Steve is active with research, writing, and speaking on the most important issues facing older workers and retirees, including finances, health, and lifestyle. Previously, he worked for over 35 years as a consulting actuary, helping Fortune 1000 companies design, manage and communicate their retirement programs.
Steve has published over 1,000 posts on retirement topics for CBS MoneyWatch, and he currently writes for Forbes.com. His latest book, Retirement Game-Changers: Strategies for a Healthy, Financially Secure, and Fulfilling Long Life, addresses the series of critical decisions that older workers face as they transition from the workplace and into retirement. His next book will be published in late Spring 2020, focusing on generating lifetime retirement income: Don’t Go Broke in Retirement! A Simple Plan to Build Lifetime Retirement Income.
His previously published books include:
- Money for Life: Turn Your IRA and 401(k) Into a Lifetime Retirement Paycheck.
- Recession-Proof Your Retirement Years: Simple Retirement Planning Strategies That Work Through Thick or Thin
- The Quest: For Long Life, Health and Prosperity (a DVD/workbook package)
- Live Long & Prosper! Invest in Your Happiness, Health and Wealth for Retirement and Beyond
- Don’t Work Forever! Simple Steps Baby Boomers Must Take To Ever Retire
Steve is an independent researcher and writer. He bases his insights and strategies on research regarding both the economic and behavioral economics aspects of retirement decision-making.
Steve is a Fellow in the Society of Actuaries, and graduated Summa Cum Laude from the University of California, Irvine, with a double major in mathematics and social science. He splits his time between the Bay Area and Ventura County in Southern California.